This contest has ended. Please join us again in May. 2015 for the next Re-design contest!
Style My Ride's Re-design Contest!
Style My Ride's Re-Design contest
Do you have a talent for design and wonder what an established designer would think of your design ideas? Do you ever redesign your equestrian apparel to make it your own?
Enter the Style My Ride Redesign Contest!
For this contest we are looking for unique transformations of equestrian tack and apparel items.
This is not a sketch/drawing competition.
Entrants are required document your creative process before, during, and after your redesign by using either photo or video.
You may enter 1 of 3 categories!
Accessory ~ Coat ~ Breeches
Create an accessory using and combining pieces of
English or Western tack, Fox Hunting appointments, etc.
(One element of the accessory
must predominate, meaning you can tell it began as part of an equitation boot, etc).
Redesign or create a pair of breeches. Breeches can be
repurposed from a pair of jeans, pants, tweed
slacks, etc and can be full, Euro seat,
or knee patch. Or you can redesign a pair of
existing breeches to make them completely unique.
Redesign an old competition or hacking coat into a fashion piece
or a coat for hacking or showing .
*For all three categories: We encourage you to use items
you currently own, but you may also purchase new or
vintage items to redesign.
you can embellish with new elements including but
not limited to: paint, dye, crystals, distress, stitching,
embroidery, brass tacks, silver, turquoise, stones, Fox Hunting appointments or whatever else inspires you. You may utilize outside
resources to help with sewing
and embroidery as long as the orginal design is yours
and the person assisting is following
your design exclusively.
Guidelines for category 1:
1. Must be from an item that is used ON the horse, i.e. galloping boots, bridle, halter, bit, etc. However, spurs are also permissible as are crop, bat, whip and rope elements.
2. Examples of accessories are: handbag, belt, headband, jewelry, wallet, hat, etc.
3. You may incorporate elements of rider clothing i.e. boots, breeches, or chaps, but original item must be a piece (or pieces) of tack used ON the horse.
4. The accessory you create can be presented on you or someone else.
Guidelines for category 2:
1. You may use non-equestrian apparel items such as jeans,
trousers, leggings, etc.
2. The breeches you create can be full, Euro seat, or knee patch.
3. You may create either schooling or show attire.
4. The final product must be significantly different
than the original. No slapping on buttons and
patches and calling it a redesign!
5. Final product does not have to be show
ring specific but should be obvious it is for equestrian use.
6. Entrants may also submit sketches in addition to your photo or
video of your redesign. But the redesign you submit should be a completed look.
7. The garment redesigns can be presented on you or someone else.
Guidelines for category 3:
1. The original garment must be an item designed for equestrian use. Either schooling or show attire.
2. The final product must be significantly different than the original. No slapping on buttons and patches and calling it a redesign!
3. Final product does not have to be show ring specific, but should be obvious it is for equestrian use.
5. You may submit sketches in addition to your photo or video of your redesign. But the redesign you submit should be a completed item.
6. The garment redesigns can be presented on you or someone else.
You have 4 weeks to create, document, and submit photos or videos of your entry. Entries must be emailed to . Deadline is now, Midnight
Equitation, by Judge My ride , follow Style My Ride and JMR in Instagram and Pinterest
There is no entry fee.
Share and encourage friends to enter. The more participants, the more likely we are to hold future design competitions.
WINNERS WILL RECEIVE:
The winner of Category 1 receives : A stunning pair of custom sterling silver and horsehair (from your own horse!) stirrup earrings from Nanasalmi! Valued at over $700!
Winner of Category 2:
wins the breeches of their choice
Winner of Category 3:
The top 3 finalists in each category will get to have a live Skype call with either 2kGrey Equestrians' designer, Meryl Ranzer, who is also a teacher at the famed Parsons The New School of Design in NYC!
The top 3 finalists in each category will have their items submitted to a panel for voting. Meryl and Marci will head the panels respectively and they will chose the judges for their panels.